Thai Beef Salad
Quick, easy and flavorful Thai beef salad.
1 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
1 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons grated orange rind
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1/2 small chilli padi
2 teaspoons olive oil
4 120g beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 cups lettuce, slighlty chopped
1 cup grated, seeded, peeled cucumber
1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1. Combine first 8 ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Sprinkle steak evenly on both sides with pepper and salt.
4. Add steak to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
5. Remove steak from pan; let stand 5 minutes.
6. Thinly slice steak.
7. Combine lettuce and the remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
8. Drizzle with cilantro mixture; toss.
9. Arrange greens mixture on each of 4 plates; top each serving with beef.