Steak with Tomato and Blue Cheese Salad
Delicious and pleasing to the eyes; red, white and blue cheese party, anyone?
450g steak, trimmed
4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
1 1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
400g grape tomatoes, quartered
30g crumbled blue cheese
1. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until hot and almost smoking.
2. Brush steak with 1 teaspoon olive oil; sprinkle evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
3. Add steak to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
4. Place steak on a cutting board; let rest 5 minutes.
5. Cut into thin slices.
6. In a large bowl combine remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and vinegar in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
7. Add onion and tomatoes into bowl; toss to combine.
8. Divide steak and tomato mixture evenly among 4 serving plates.
9. Sprinkle salads evenly with blue cheese.