Spicy Orange Beef
Create this lovely Chinese dish for a unique taste of spicy and sweet.
1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
450g boneless sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
3/4 cup (1-inch) slices green onions
3/4 cup broccoli
1. Combine garlic, pepper, and beef, tossing well.
2. Combine rind, juice, cornstarch, and soy sauce, stirring with a whisk.
3. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add beef mixture, onions and broccoli; sauté 2 minutes.
5. Add juice mixture; cook 2 minutes or until sauce thickens, stirring frequently.
6. Serve beef mixture over rice.