3/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
500g ground round
2 cups no-salt-added tomato sauce
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
1 teaspoon chili powder
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
12 rolls, split
1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
2. Add first 3 ingredients; cook until beef is browned, stirring to crumble.
3. Stir in tomato sauce and next 8 ingredients (tomato sauce through black pepper); reduce heat to medium-low.
4. Cover and cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Spoon beef mixture over bottom half of each bun.
6. Cover with top halves.
TIPS: Add Cowhead slice cheese for a cheesy touch.
Use Gardenia farmer roll for a different spin of sloppy joes.
For a healthier option, slap beef mixture between slices of cabbage or lettuce.